Friday, September 29, 2006

1st Quarter Midterms

I didn't realize it was already midterms for Jacob and Daniel. While I don't yet have Jacob's midterm report, I do have Daniel's. Unfortunately, it's only on conduct/work habits. I'm a little upset that he doesn't have any sort of academic midterm report. Oh well. I have a conference with her next week. If she'll ever get back to me on when it is. Anyway, in my mind, some of the report contradicts other parts. Another reason I need a conference. Shouldn't she have told me before now if he's not paying attention or participating in activities? And how can you follow directions if you're not paying attention? I'm not entirely impressed with his teacher. Here's Daniel's first midterm report:

+ Demonstrates Skill
- Does Not Demonstrate Skill
S Satisfactory
N Needs Improvement

Work Habits S
Pays Attention -
Follows Directions +
Works Independently +
Completes assigned tasks +
Participates in a variety of activities -

Conduct S
Observes classroom and school rules +
Shows respect for authority +
Cooperates with classmates +
Demonstrates self discipline +

Comments
Daniel seems to be adjusting to school well. He loves looking at books and has a hard time putting one down if he hasn't finished - no matter the activity. :)
_________________________________

Okay...here's Jacob's (I'm pleased with his math score since he bombed a test a few weeks ago):

Reading 96.0 A

Spelling 92.5 B+

Handwriting 85.5 S

Math 86.0 C+

Comments
Jacob is a sweet boy and always wants to do his best. He does get frustrated at times and begins to cry. Let's encourage him to always ask a question if he is unsure and know that I am willing to help him. Continue to work on handwriting skills at home. Thank you for your help at home in math as well. He will benefit from your extra support.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Well, yeah...I'm not saying it's bad...just that I'm confused and that I would have liked to have seen more in the progress report than just conduct grades.