Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Update

What an intese day. I took the boys (with Hannah in tow) to the lab for their blood tests and urinalysis. Daniel had to have one too as part of his physical. I took Daniel in to the bathroom to help him pee in the cup and when I came back out, the lady said that Jacob had sailed through his blood test (the blood taking part). He was sitting in the chair smiling and very proud of himself. Daniel was a different story. He sat on my lap and screamed at the top of his lungs when she stuck the needle in. The whole thing was less than 30 seconds but he was pissed for another 5 minutes. He was yelling at the lady that she put a hole in his arm.

Walking out of the lab, we saw a white van with some people pulling a gurney out of the back. It was clearly a corpse. The kids had no clue. I was totally grossed out and enthralled at the same time.

Around 5, I took Daniel and Hannah over to Jonna's house. I rang the doorbell. No answer. I knocked. No answer. Rang again. No answer. I went around back...no one there. Are you kidding me? I ran over to Cheryl's and luckily, she said she'd take the kids for me. Since she's a nurse, she was asking me all these questions about who my neurologist is and what not. I don't know. All I know is if I don't leave now, I'm going to be late. I thank her and run out the door.

I called Mike to vent. He took it very well...just listened to me go on and on. About the time I started freaking out about where to go, he decided it might be a good idea to let me figure out what's going on and talk to him later.

We walked up to the reception desk and asked where we should go. She told me outpatient registration so we walked over and took a seat. After 20+ minutes, it was our turn. I walked up and she told me that for CT Scans, we have to check in at the Imaging Center. SERIOUSLY?!? At this point it's 5:55. Jacob's due to be under the machine in 5 minutes. She points us in the right direction and we take off running.

I walked into the Imaging Center and, to my shock, there was only one other person there! No appointments until the 29th, huh? Anyway, after the Imaging Center lady called the registration desk lady a few choice words, we were checked in.

The nurse called us back and told me that I'd be more than welcome to stay. She gave me my big apron and pointed me to a chair in the corner. Jacob went down on the machine and the procedure started. There was a whole big deal about with or without contrast (hey, if without contrast is good enough for the neurologist, it's good enough for me) and we were told to wait in the reception area just in case he had to go under again. A couple of minutes later, she came back out and said that because our doctor had written that the scan was to be read by a neurologist and not just the radiologist, we may as well head home (the neurologist wouldn't be able to read it for about 1 1/2 hours). They'd call if we needed to come back.

So, we head home and when I pull up in front of Cheryl's house, Jonna's standing out there yelling "we were home!" Apparently, James was in the basement and had called Jonna at 5:15 wondering where we were. Jonna sent me home with some hand me downs for Hannah and here we are.

Now, all we can do is wait for the results. I'll let you know as soon as I know!

No comments: