Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Very Nice Gesture of Welcome

Most of you know that Mike's been working in Kansas for the past couple of months and it's just a matter of time until we all pick up and move out there. :( I was feeling really badly about the fact that he was out there and we were out here on his birthday. Luckily, several of Mike's team members decided to take him out.

If that wasn't nice enough, Mike tells me that they've also gotten him a goodie basket and that he's not sure if he'll be able to bring everything home in one trip. He wasn't kidding. These guys went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Tons of Kansas items (Sue, you would love the snowglobe), mugs (I love these and have already used them), dishtowels (already hanging in the kitchen), keychains, a hat, a farm playset, pencils, shot glasses (the kids had a ball drinking juice from these) and to top it all off, a copy of The Wizard of Oz on DVD. They all wrote notes of welcome on Kansas postcards. I'm sure I'm forgetting things but there was just so much! It was pretty overwhelming to think of the time they took to put this together for us.

I immediately confiscated the postcards and picture of the giftbasket for the scrapbook.

As Mike was packing for another week in Kansas, he asked if he could have the nail clippers that were given. I gave him the nail set. He looked at me and asked if I thought they would take them. I said that I thought he'd be fine. Well, apparently he wasn't because they were confiscated at the security gate. I guess they went through the rest of his bag as well. Lesson learned: don't take gifted nail clippers on an airplane!

Anyway, it was so nice of everyone to think of us and it makes me a little less leery about the big move.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Well, at least he didn't try to take the dreaded body wash with him! Sorry that he lost the nail clippers.

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful! What a bummer about the nail clippers!

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! Wait a minute - moving - when did this happen and when were you going to tell me?!?!?!