Monday, July 24, 2006

Strange Evening

So, I was out walking the dog, when out of no where, two baby deer come running across the front lawn. I took the dog inside and ran to the back and they were standing in my neighbor's backyard. They saw me and took off. I walked back to the front of the house and my neighbor was just pulling in. Sue looked at me and asked if I saw the deer. I said that I did. She said that it was the most amazing thing she's ever seen. I told her that it was definately a cool thing and started to walk in the house.

Just then, my neighbor across the street (lawn mower lady) stops me. This is a lady who hasn't said a nice word to me in the two years we've lived here (for example "would you keep your kids away from my driveway?"). She tells me that she thinks that I should win some kind of mother award because the kids are always outside playing. She's impressed that I don't just sit them in front of the TV all day let them play video games. She doesn't know how I do it. She just thinks it's wonderful. I didn't know what to say. Very bizarre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful evening. You need stuff like that once in a while.