Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Just About Had A Heart Attack

We come home from baseball tonight and about 5 minutes later, I get a knock on the door. It's James with a very concerned look on his face, wondering if Gavin's over. I said no. He started to walk away going "where's my boy?" I yelled, "is he missing?" He says "yes" and gets back into his car and drives off. I walked outside to see my neighbors, Jim and Michelle standing outside as well. As I started to walk over, I see Jonna's mom and what I thought was Jonna (it was Chelsea) standing outside. Jonna's mom asks me if I've talked to James and I say that I have. She says that he had gone up to Nathan's house and they said he had left 45 minutes ago. I ask what doors has she knocked on? She says just the neighbors with kids. I started knocking on every other door in the cul-du-sac. My knock at Wayne and Cheryl's brought out Joseph who began the search in the back field. I walked up to ask Jacob if he knew any hidouts in the neighborhood and as I walked back over to Jim and Michelle's Kelsey came over to offer me an umbrella (it was raining pretty hard at this point). Just then, we see James' van pull around the corner. He stops at the bottom of Jim's driveway to tell us that he found Gavin. We all walk down to the car to yell at him. Doesn't he know how much he scared us? Michelle told him that he almost had the police looking after him. James says, "I'm going to go home and have a heart attack, thank you for all of your help" and drives away. Jonna's mom is walking down the street and gives me a big hug and says, "what a wonderful street Jonna lives on. Thank you so much!" I have a feeling that we won't be seeing Gavin for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where was he?

Barbara said...

He was a couple streets over at another friend's house. He says that he came home to tell his grandma that he was going but she swears that he didn't tell her. Poor kid, he certainly didn't understand the fear he put into everyone.