Thursday, June 08, 2006

First Day of Summer Break

Jacob is officially on summer vacation. I had promised them that we'd go down to the library this morning and I was true to my word. Both boys got their very own library cards and were so excited (Hannah's not old enough). The librarian told them that they could each check out up to 30 books and I think they were ready to take her up on that. I told them they could each get five books (Hannah insisted on just one). Jacob loaded up on nature books (insects, frogs, etc) and Daniel just got a variety. They also picked up an insect video and Hannah got a Dora video. They also got a Goof Troop video to watch during the sleepover.

Ahhh...the sleepover. What was I thinking? Getting five kids to bed was a nightmare. I'm tired. It'll be a while before I do this again.

Yard sale day 2 begins tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have better luck with it on a Friday. Everyone says that Fridays are better sale days than Saturdays. I guess we'll see. Little Jake had asked me if we were going to sell one of Jacob's bikes. I told him we were going to try. He asked me why and I said that the brakes were broken. He looks at me and asks, "so you're going to sell the bike to someone who doesn't like brakes?" Too cute.

I discovered that Daniel has Mike's musical ear. Daniel was clearly trying to sing "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi this afternoon. Over and over again, Daniel sings, "Shock in the heart and come and play." I was laughing so hard. He was trying to get Hannah to sing with him and was upset that she wouldn't.

No comments: