Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Things Could Always Be Worse!

This is the title of the play that Mike's in at Beth El. They had an article about it in the paper this morning. I didn't recognize anyone in the pictures they had...I guess I was hoping to see Mike at least in the background. :(

Last night, he came home from practice...they had run through the play twice. I guess Mike plays two roles. In the second half, he has to wear a beard. He's telling me about how this is the first time he's had to wear the beard. Mike walks over to me and says "feel my face." It's all sticky. He says that he tried the thinner and everything, but it wouldn't come off, do I have anything that he could use? We head upstairs and sort through my plethora of face cleansers and whatnot. I pull out a facial scrub and a loofah. Still sticky. Anything else we can try? I do have this Mary Kay microderm abrasion stuff. Mike hops into the shower and uses it. He gets out and the sticky is gone. I give him some lotion to put on after the "treatment" and I hear a groan. His temples are still full of sticky. He was finally able to get it off (I think...how was shaving this morning, honey?) Does anyone know a good way to get the sticky beard stuff off without having to give himself a microderm abrasion treatment everytime? I do have to say, though, that his face was nice and soft afterwards!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My miracle cure all for permanent marker and sticky stuff is gojo. The stuff smells like a gas station but works great.

Barbara said...

Gojo? What is that?

Susan said...

goo gone, maybe? They have a stuff that removes spirit gum, but I think it's just rubbing alcohol.

Anonymous said...

Gojo is that stuff that mechanics use to get the grease off their hands. It comes in a tub and it feels greasy and smells awful.

Susan said...

Those guys know what works, too.