Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I Can't Believe I'm Wasting More Time On Ryan...

I was reading an article by John Kass in the Chicago Tribune online just now...he was always my favorite columnist in the Trib...he has an awesome piece on George Ryan. A few of my favorite quotes,

"I would not and never have condoned corruption!" Ryan said years ago. "I would not and never have condoned corruption. Why would I? Why would I be involved in such a scheme?"

And later, of the Willises, Ryan said he had nothing to apologize for.

"The Willises don't want an apology!" he thundered.

No? They didn't want an apology? Their kids were the victims of crooked politics. All they wanted was for Ryan to accept some responsibility. An ordinary person would have apologized. But on Monday, Ryan displayed the proper combine attitude, by blaming the jury."


If George Ryan had had a hand in the deaths of my children, you better bet I'd want an apology...no I'm sure I'd want his head!

As he walked out of the federal building to make his escape in a vehicle, an angry bicycle messenger with prison written on his face started taunting the former governor. The bike man was telling Ryan not to drop the soap in prison, telling him not to become beholden to other guys by smoking their cigarettes.

It was brutal. It was ugly. And Ryan couldn't help hearing.

"You better not take their smokes, you get your own, know what I'm sayin'!" he shouted, straddling his bike, laughing. "Know what I'm sayin'! Governor! Governor!"


Love it!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sometimes it takes awhile, but being a moron always comes back to bite you in the ass. He needs to get Randy, Joy, and Crabman and make his damn list.

Barbara said...

LOL! I love it! Hello, karma!