Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Knitting

"...besides, knitting is good for surgical dexterity, so, I'm knitting a sweater."
-Meredith Grey on why she was knitting in a bar

Okay, so I may not be knitting a sweater but I am in the process making of what looks like a very large potholder. I think I have the knit stitch down. I'm not brave enough to try the purl stitch down yet...I want to get this knit thing down first. The book Erin recommended to me (Knitting for Dummies) seems very helpful. I'm way further teaching myself how to knit than I ever got trying to crochet. The repetitive nature of it is very relaxing.

For the record, I bought that book long before I knew that knitting was going to be big on Sunday's episode of Grey's. Seriously!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, it's pretty addicting. There is a great website to visit to learn knitting. She has videos that show you how to do most things basic and complicated. It's www.knittinghelp.com

Barbara said...

The Knitting for Dummies book is really helpful...I was having a problem with the purl stitch but it became clear after a glass of wine last night! LOL! I'm trying to take this one step at a time. My next step is binding off.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! If you ever can't picture it and need to see it done, that site is excellent. The videos are about 3 minutes long and you can watch them whenever you are stuck. I love that you are looking at it like you are holding it so it's easy to do.