Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Dash of Kid Conversation

The kids were really full of it tonight (in a good way). Two conversations in the car tonight...

Jacob - I'm Jewish, right?
Me - Yes
J - You're not Jewish, right?
Me - That's right
J - Hmmm...
Me - (I'm thinking that I wasn't expecting this conversation just yet)
J - You're a Christian?
Me - Yes
J - Oh. I like Sunday School
Me - You do? (big sigh of relief)
J - We get good snacks


About 5 minutes later...

Daniel - When you're an adult, you can be a rock star, right?
Me - Sure you can
D - I'm gonna be a rock star...you wanna be in my band?
Me - I'll be in your band...what should I play?
D - Ummm...drums! You can play the drums
Me - Okay, I'll play the drums in your band
D - Cool
J - Rock stars are singers...singers have to play the guitar...the electric guitar

So let's see...Daniel has told me that he also wants to be a race car driver and a teacher. I guess he'll be the first race car driving rock star teacher!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Isn't that Sting? LOL

Barbara said...

Okay...it took me a long time to get it! Does Sting drive race cars? LOL!!!!!!!

Angie said...

I love the Jewish vs. Christian conversation. LOL The only reason Ian went up for Children's Minute today at church was because they were passing out candy. I'm sensing a trend..hmm! I hope your family had a great Passover & Easter. The kids are getting so huge! ~Angie (Garmers) Sneeringer

Barbara said...

hey Angie! I'm so glad you posted! Ian's getting so big too!