Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Got Tires?

I do! Okay...Mike does. I was told to call after 12:30 to make sure the tires had come in today. I waited until 3. I was told that yes, the tires are in. After dinner, I load the kids in the Kia (Mike had play practice) and we head to Costco. BTW, have you ever tried to put 3 kids and 2 boosters in the backseat of a Kia Spectra? They fit, but you have to have a shoe horn to get them out.

We go in and James, the guy from Saturday, greets me at the door. He tells me that he was getting nervous because the tires arrived only 10 minutes before I had called. They must have had a bunch of people ordering tires because there were a bunch of stacks of tires in there for people. He rings me up...apologizes again and again...tells me it'll be about an hour since there was one car ahead of me. Not a problem, I was expecting a wait.

The kids and I leisurely wander through Costco...the kids run around in the "cold" (the refridgerated veggie section - it's like a big race track for them) for a while..then check out. We had about 10 minutes to kill so I got the kids some ice cream (and a churro for me) and we hung out. James walks by and tels me the Kia is ready.

We head back over to the tire section and get the key. More and more apologies...I can't take it anymore. I just wave and walk out.

Now Mike has new tires. I'm going to have to get some for the van soon.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Are you going to take the van there for tires? I think that they're hoping you don't have another car!