Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I Spoke Too Soon

Okay...I'm a bad mom. I sent my kid to school sick. I didn't realize he was sick. I really expected the school to be calling me yesterday to pick him up...no call. I'm checking out some stuff on the computer this morning when I see Jonna walking up to my front door. I answer the door and she says, "Mike's trying to get in touch with you. Jacob's in the nurse's office with 103 fever." Crap. Of course I left my cell phone in the car and didn't get the school's message...luckily, there was only 20 minutes between the time they called and when he was picked up. The nurse was so resourceful (at least I thought she was until Mike told me he asked her to)! She found a note that I had given earlier this year saying Jacob could have Motrin for a toothache and gave him a dose. I wonder if he'll be able to go to school tomorrow.

No comments: