Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Can't These Two Kids Just Get Along?

So I'm checking e-mail (okay, you caught me...I was on the Grey's message board) when AOL logs itself off. It happens occasionally, so I didn't think much of it. I go to log back on but can't. I try again. No go. Humm. After trying everything I know to do, I call AOL. I felt like that guy in the credit card commercial..."for a shinier credit card, say yes." It was frustrating because everytime the kids would talk, the computer lady would say, "I'm sorry, I didn't understand." AAAAAAAcccccccckkkkkkkkk! I just want a real person! I finally get one and she says that my problem is technical...please hold. Over 1 hour later, still no one. It's after 8 and, against my better judgement, I hang up the phone! Mike's at play practice and the kids need baths. Arg. Okay...the kids are in bed and I'm watching American Idol. Once that's over, I decide to try again. The computer lady's not so bad to deal with this time and she sends me to tech again. I wait for a little over 1/2 hour this time and finally get a person! I walk her through what's going on, and tell her that there's an error message that says "72-MCLL." She immediately asks if I have Norton. I say yes. She says they released an update around 4 this afternoon that sees AOL as a virus. That's why they were so busy. So many people calling about the same error message. I need to shut down the Norton and try to log on...if I can get on, then it's the Norton and I probably need to call them and try to figure something out. Of course, it works. I thank her and hang up (problem resolved in less than 5 minutes after waiting over 1 1/2 hours). I thought that maybe if I went ahead and turned the Norton back on it might be able to recognize AOL as friendly. Success! So far, so good. At least I know if it happens again what the problem is. I just don't understand why Norton and AOL hate each other so much!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Two sides of the same evil coin. Bwahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

At least it turned out ok.

Barbara said...

It's becoming really annoying!