Sunday, March 26, 2006

Gourmet Girlfriends

I did that Gourmet Girlfriends thing yesterday morning. It was so much fun! Gourmet Girlfriends is a program where you go and make up 6 or 12 meals all at one time. You take them home and put them in the freezer for use later. Since everything is raw, it's not like you are having leftovers because you are cooking everything for the first time...it's just already put together and ready for the oven. It's nice to know that these are in the freezer for when I'm having one of those days where I can't get my act together.

I get there and the lady asks for my name. I tell her and she says, "oh, we were talking about you!" I've never seen this lady in my life, so I say, "ooookkkkaaaayyy," a little wierded out. I guess I picked the hardest dinner list of everyone. Seeing myself as a pretty good cook, I say, "I'm always up for a challenge." I start going around, putting all of my meals together and the owner keeps asking me if I'm doing okay. I say yes. She asks if I've gotten any of the hard meals done yet. I ask which ones were the hard ones? She tells me and by this point I've done all but 2. She seems a little shocked. When I left at 12:05 (the time block was 10-12), there were still several girls with a couple of meals left to do. They had expected me to be there until 1 at least. Last night, we had the Crusted Beef Tenderloin and Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole. It was very yummy and there was a bunch left over. Tonight, we're having the Crispy Salmon Filets (I hate fish so this should be interesting) with the Carrot Coins.

I can't wait to go do this again!

No comments: