Sunday, February 05, 2006

Why Is It...

Okay...here's my question of the day...why is it that Daniel only decides that he needs to talk to me when I'm on the computer? I'm not saying he just talks to me...it's the full on, showing me toys 2 inches from my nose, "outside voice," repeating conversations we may have already had. It drives my bonkers! I think he is getting ready for another vocabulary explosion, though. His brain is clearly working faster than his mouth and he's stuttering and repeating a lot. (He'll say things like, "it's just that, it's just that, it's just that, it's just that, it's just that." Then he'll pause and tell me what he wants to say.) He hasn't done it this bad since he really started talking at about 3. I have to remind him to slow down and think about what he's going to say and that seems to help. If it's anything like last time, we've got about another month of this before it starts to get better.

No comments: