Thursday, February 02, 2006

Whatever

Okay...I'm tired of the weight thing. Yes, I've lost 25 pounds. Yes, I feel really good. Yes, I'm excited that I'm wearing clothes that I haven't been able to since before Jacob was born. But I'm tired. I want a taco. I want to shove my face into a cheesecake. I'm tired of the messages in my spam folder...

"Sprinkle this on your food and you will magically lose 20 pounds!"
"Drop 2 dress sizes in 4 weeks! No dieting or excercise necessary!"
"Hit your goal weight through hypnosis!"

I'm tired of looking at my friend who became lifetime (which means she hit her goal 10 weeks ago and maintained for 6 weeks after) at Weight Watchers 4 weeks ago and only had 10 less pounds to lose than me when I still have 10 to go (you know I'm just venting, Barbra! You know I'm proud of you). I lose 4 pounds one week, gain 2 the next. Down 3 the next week, up .2 the next. I want 2 weeks in a row of weight loss!

Wah wah wah. Poor me, right?

My favorite conversation from tonight:

Mike: "You know Southern (IL) lost to the..."
Barb: "DAMN IT!" (fist pounds the table)
Daniel: "Mom said damn it!"
Jacob: "That's a bad word."
Mike: "?"
Barb: "You always do that to me...totally overreact when I tell you something innocent"
Mike: "I usually say 'SON OF A BITCH!'"
Hannah: "Dan it. Dan it. Dan it. hee hee. I say dan it."
Mike: "Do I really do that to you?"
Barb: "Yes...I can't believe I actually thought to do it to you."
(notice the kids had no reaction when Mike swore)

4 comments:

Susan said...

That's so funny, and yet so very wrong.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I think this is the hard part. The keeping it up part. There's no glory in it. People don't notice when you maintain. I think it's fabulous. I personally gained back 15# of the 23# I lost last year but I'm back on the wagon. That cheesecake sounds good but it leads to very bad things!! It's weird how you can have fruitcake today and zone out for 3 months and be 15# heavier.

Too funny about the swearing.

the Joneses said...

I agree with the above comment -- the conversation is hilarious, and both of you should be grounded for a week for talking like that at the table. :)

-- SJ

Barbara said...

Right now, being grounded doesn't sound like much of a punishment!
-B