Friday, February 03, 2006

Finally Friday

when I started writing this, I didn't realize I was giving such a play-by-play...how lame is this?

The morning started really smoothly...got Jacob up for school...fed him breakfast...got dressed and headed out the door for the bus stop. We were a little early this morning so we had a nice conversation about how you could tell the tulips (can you believe my tulips are coming up?) and crocus apart. We met up with Luke and his mom in the driveway and walked to the stop. The rest of the gang arrives soon after...all in football shirts. Jacob looks at me and says "oh, Mom, it's football jersey day at school." Thanks for telling me. Ironically, I had pulled out Daniel's Bears shirt for him to wear today...Jacob would have worn that one if I had pulled the right size out of the dryer. He'll have to deal with the shirt he has on.

Today was the first day in a while that Daniel didn't give me a hard time about going to preschool. It helps a lot that, in honor of the letter P, they had a pizza party. In fact, he had his shoes and coat on without being asked. It was Hannah and her "I do it myself" attitude that almost made us late.

After dropping off Daniel, Hannah and I headed to a MOMS Club Board meeting. Hannah was excited about seeing her friends ("Where'd my friends go?" was the question in the car) Hannah and the two other little girls (one of which could be Hannah's twin) played so nicely. It was so adorable to hear them sitting at the table coloring and talking.

We then headed to Martin's (our grocery store). I pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. At my feet was a cell phone. I looked around to see if anyone was searching for a phone. Seeing no one, I decided to be a good samaritan and take it inside to the service desk (because if I didn't, I'm quite sure you'd see my face on 20/20 or something like that as one of the cold and callous people who don't care LOL). The guy at the desk really didn't care about the phone...didn't even look at me, now that I think about it. Hannah's gotten very good at using the scanner. At our store, you can scan your 'bonus card,' grab some bags and are assigned a scanner. As you shop, you scan and bag. When you're done, you simply pay and walk out. Where was this when I had babies? Anyway, Hannah loves to do the scanning. It's a pain but it keeps her busy.

After picking up Daniel, we came home to feed Hannah some lunch. I had just sat down with my salad when I saw my neighbor walking through my backyard. I scared the crap out of her by meeting her on the deck. Didn't realize I threw the door open so forcefully. She was donating lettuce to the bunny (yes, he's still alive). It's a little slimy but I'm sure Bumper won't care.

Now it's about 2pm. Hannah won't nap and I have a ton of deliveries to make. I'm exhausted already. I wish all of my kids still napped. I miss the days of being able to lay down myself. Stay-at-Home Mom? What's that?

4 comments:

the Joneses said...

Well, I don't think it's a lame blog. :) You're definitely going on my Favorites list, which means you have to keep posting.

-- SJ

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

I so understand your day! Make sure to take time for yourself.

Barbara said...

Great...nothing like a huge dose of PRESSURE! Thanks a lot Sara! :)