Monday, February 13, 2006

Sore Loser

That's me...Mike and I played backgammon for the first time in years tonight. You'd think that I would know after all these years that Mike is very aggressive when he plays board games
(flashback to a trip to Minnesota years ago: we're playing Monopoly while camping. It's about 9pm. Mike is forcing me to mortgage my properties so I start yelling, "This is why I hate playing with you...you build too fast and try to run me out of the game!" From the next campsite we hear, "Would you two shut up! We're trying to sleep over here!")
Okay, so I know this and yet I still play and hope he won't do it. When he sends two of my pieces to the middle, I begin to pout. And pout. And pout some more. Not even looking at the numbers on the dice to see if I can go. I ended up winning that game...we each took one. I hate losing since it makes me feel like I'm incompetent...I couldn't even win a stupid board game.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mike!

Barbara said...

Bite me, Ken

Susan said...

I'm not feeling the love!

the Joneses said...

Darren and I broke out the cards the other day. The kids were hovering around watching, of course. I realized that the day has finally come -- the day that Darren has been warning me about ever since our first child arrived: I'm going to have to clean up my sportsmanship and stop throwing fits when I lose.

-- SJ

Barbara said...

Thanks, Sara. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does it! Maybe Darren and Mike would like to get together to play! LOL