Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Procrastinator!

I think the first time I ever heard this word, it was being used by Mr. Baker in my sophomore English class. He was referring to me and my journal homework. I think he was trying to make me feel like a loser in front of my class and influence me into getting my act together. Since I was in a class full of procrastinators, I had plenty of company and felt no humiliation or shame (the lot of us routinely turned in homework late...forcing him to either change the due dates or fail us all). Unfortunately, the word fits me perfectly. (Note: Mr. Baker was not a bad guy. In fact, my senior year, several of us went to U of I for a newspaper conference during the school day. None of us really wanted to sit through these boring classes, so we skipped them. We spent the day at Garcia's Pizza and hanging out under a tree outside of the Student Center. Unfortunately, we were caught. Mr. Baker could have turned us in and we would have had detentions as well as a huge unexcused absence with no ability to do make up work for the day. He didn't. He made us write a huge paper, a la The Breakfast Club, about why abusing priviledges is wrong. I don't even know if Mom and Dad know about this. I NEVER skipped school! It was David's fault!!!!!!!)

Tomorrow is my MOMS Club meeting. As the secretary, it is my responsibility to put together the monthly newsletter. I knew it was coming...when do you think I finished it? 10:30 this morning. I still have to print out labels and prep the newsletters for distribution at tomorrow's meeting. I'm quite sure I'll be doing that at either 11 tonight or 8 tomorrow morning. Only 3 more newsletters to go before my term is up. Don't get me wrong, I love doing it...it's just the act of sitting down to do it. There are just so many other things I would rather be doing. Oh well.

Moving on...

I went to Wal Mart this morning (wouldn't you know that when I tried to print the newsletter this morning, I was out of paper and ink!?!) and decided to try to find Daniel a birthday gift and wound up in the electronics section. Specifically standing in front of the New Releases...looking at an empty hole where Grey's Anatomy Season One had been. A nice guy comes over and asks me if I need help. I asked him if they had anymore Grey's Anatomy. He said that they sold out yesterday. He figures that the last two episodes (and he wrongly thought that those were the very first episodes) to air caused a lot of stir and interest in the show. I'm thrilled that there's a following (I have a habit of falling in love with shows that quickly get cancelled...Boomtown...Medical Investigation) but I've seen every episode...I had to explain the show from the beginning to this guy at WalMart...I should get first dibs on the DVD!!!!! Granted, I should have gone in yesterday, but come on!!! So unfair!!

No comments: