Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy Birthday to Daniel

My little man turns 5 today. Hard to believe. He was a giggly worm last night as he was tucked in bed, with thoughts of cake and presents certainly dancing through his head. He woke up this morning, much as he usually does: stumbling, bumping into walls and rubbing his eyes on his way to the bathroom. I gave him a hug and said, "happy birthday!" He began giggling and quietly saying to himself, "it's my birthday." Over and over again. Jacob woke up in a foul mood...presumably because it was not his birthday. According to Jacob, he does not get the following things on his birthday: cake, presents, a party, any sort of special attention. Here's the worst part: he doesn't get to pick what we have for dinner that night. Apparently, we've been neglecting the poor soul and are horrible people. How annoying.

I made a Spongebob Squarepants cake for Daniel's birthday and can't seem to get the red color out from under my fingernails. It turned out really cute. Hannah appears to be the only one who appreciates it!

Upon returning from my MOMS Club meeting, I checked the machine and found a new message. Daniel was so excited to hear that it was Geoffrey from Toys R Us calling to wish him a Happy Birthday. I think we've listened to it twenty times now. I can't wait for Jacob's reaction to the message ("I don't get messages from Toys R Us!).

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

3 comments:

Susan said...

You bad Mommy! Happy Birthday, Daniel!

Barbara said...

I know...I'm horrible

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you are 5!! Happy Birthday Daniel!!