Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's All Me

It's been a while since the last time he left but Mike left for Kansas this morning. Gone for a couple of days. Of course, I had all of these grand ideas of what I was going to do while he's away...starting with today.

Today, I was going to get up early, shower and get Jacob on the bus. Then I was going to take Daniel to school (but not before starting the dishwasher), drop off a gift for my Secret Sister, and come home to clean up the house and start some laundry. After that, I was going to go take my punishment at Weight Watchers and then head to Martin's to pick up lunch for me and Hannah and dinner for tonight. And then, it would be off to pick up Daniel and we would come home, eat and spend a relaxing afternoon in a fairly clean house. But, that was not to be.

I did wake up earlier than normal...a whole 10 minutes earlier...got everyone up and fed and got Jacob to the bus stop. I did come home and start the dishwasher and get Daniel off to school. No problem. Most of my plan was working well. I even left my Secret Sister her gift without being detected. Here's where the plan goes off.

I figured that since I had some time, I would come home and grab some orders and make deliveries. I pull in the driveway and come in the house only to find that Oriana has torn into the garbage and spread it out all over the kitchen and into the family room. After a big scolding, I grabbed the orders, a cup of coffee for me and a YooHoo box for Hannah and headed back out the door.

I drive out to Berryville only to find out that I've picked up the wrong bag. UUUhhh. Okay. No delivery today. No biggie, I figure, since she still owes me part of a Mary Kay order from over a month ago. By this time, it's 10:15 and I'm still in Berryville. There's no way I'm going to make it to the other side of Winchester by 10:30 for Weight Watchers. Big deal...I probably gained weight anyway. What was next on my list? I don't really want to go to Martin's...let's go to Costco. Hannah's all excited.

I picked up a little purple (hey, Sue...it's her favorite purples!!!!!!!!! LOL!) sundress that I had been looking at a couple days ago. She insists on holding it even though she's been eating chocolate chip cookie that the greeter gave her. After completely wiping her hands I agree to let her hold it. She delights in holding it up to me for the rest of the time telling me that it would look beautiful on me and that it fits me. Too cute.

I did get the stuff from Costco put away and Hannah fed lunch. I even picked up all of the garbage that was on the floor. I never did call the doctor to reschedule our physicals...need to do that today since the appointments are tomorrow.

So now, here I sit...in front of the computer while all around me looks like a war zone. Daniel even asked me this afternoon if we'd had a playdate because the house was such a mess. Maybe, just maybe, a load of laundry will get done today! At least Daniel hung up his coat when he came in although he left his shoes and socks in the middle of the kitchen!

1 comment: