Monday, February 06, 2006

Blogging for the Heck of It

Okay...there's so much I think to write about when I am driving in my car or when I'm at the grocery store or even when I'm in bed trying to go to sleep. No fair. So, for blogging's sake, here are some things I could talk about:

I could complain about the stupid taxi driver who was driving so close behind me this morning that I couldn't even see his headlights! The temptation to hit my brake was so severe but I ignored it since I had Daniel and Hannah in the car. Here's the crazy thing...when I slowed down, he would go further behind me (like a normal distance)...when I would speed up, he was right up by butt! I thought that it usually went the other way.

I could talk about friends who are trying so hard to get me to join the gym that they've resorted to giving me "one week free" coupons. It sucks even harder when you have neighbors, who are friends with your friends, who run out at you at the bus stop to yell at you about joining the gym. Wasn't there a Friends episode "I wanna quit the gym!" and I haven't even joined.

I could also talk about the really nice guy at the Daily Grind (our Starbucks) drive through this morning who reminded me that tomorrow is Double Stamp Tuesday at both drive through locations.

I guess I could talk about how Mike's cell phone is driving me nuts! It keeps buzzing for no reason! And only when it's quiet and I'm not expecting it.

I can also talk about how cute Hannah is now that she knows her colors (I had no idea she knew any colors other than pink and purple).

But I won't...I'll just mark an end to another typically busy day and look forward to driving in to Reston during rush hour tomorrow to take the kids to the dentist. Maybe I'll find an Asian grocery store out there and can get some lumpia wrappers! Mmmmmmmmmm lumpia.

2 comments:

Susan said...

If it's Mike's phone, how is it bugging you? Isn't it with him?

Barbara said...

It's sitting on the kitchen table waiting for him to pick it up and head to work