Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What is Wrong With People?

So, I'm at TKD last night when a girl and her mom walk in. We haven't seen them in months. Of course, I say, "Hey! We haven't seen you in forever! How are you?" The mom looks at me, starts crying and runs out. Everyone looks at me. Stephen says, "that was weird," and I ask, "what did I say?" He shrugs and walks to the back room. I ask everyone else if I should go out and make sure she's okay and everyone says yes (because they weren't going to do it). So, I take a deep breath and head outside.

I tell her I'm sorry if I upset her and asked her if she wanted to talk about what's wrong. That's when she tells me that she recently found out her husband's been cheating on her and asked for a divorce. She'd just met with the lawyer. Ugh. Not this again.

I don't get it. I just don't get it.

4 comments:

Susy said...

Do they flock to you, or what? Yikes!

debbie said...

How nice of you to care, Barb. That was a sweet thing to do and you know no one else did.

Barbara said...

I just don't get why this keeps happening. I have one set of friends that are finalizing their divorce next week after going through this and now this starts up. I'm thinking that maybe I should just have single friends.

I just felt bad that I couldn't really say anything to her. Although, maybe she just needed to talk, so it could have been better that I really didn't say anything. It would have been nice to say something other than, "I'm so sorry." Maybe I should have asked her if she wanted me to Oreo his car.

Susy said...

Magic Shell. It's waxed based, and almost impossible to remove from windows. Just sayin'.