Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Need A Maid

It's that time of year. Weather's getting warmer, windows are open more and the heat's off most of the time...time to Spring Clean. I figured that this was the week to do it. Even better that Bobbi and Ed are coming in on Saturday...the house will be nice and super clean.

I've been cleaning like a mad woman all week. Last Sunday, Mike took a bunch of clothes up to Goodwill so that helped clean out a good chunk of our bedroom. Yay! No more bumping into stuff in the middle of the night. I just wish the kids could do a better job cleaning their own rooms. Oh well. I was able to vacuum in them, so I guess that's a win.

Today, I finally tackled that master bathroom toilet. It's always scary when you go to turn that water back on but I did the test like the instructions said to and everything seemed to be working great. No leaks. Yay! I put the little top assembly back on so the water wouldn't come out the top like it had been when I was checking for leaks (it's supposed to do that) and the stupid water wouldn't come through. What? I took the whole thing apart and started over. Turned the water on...same thing. No water filling the tank. Ugh. I accidentally pushed the little floating thing down and the water suddenly turned on. Silly me, I had the stupid thing locked in the up position and it thought the tank was already full. I must have flushed that thing 15 times, laughing each time it worked and didn't leak. Yeah. I rock.

Now if I could just figure out how to get the stupid cover off the light in the master bedroom so we can actually see in there.

I also bought a new coffee maker today. Yeah, I've gone these last couple of months without one. I've been making coffee in my French Press, which is such a pain in the butt. This one is awesome. It has a digital touchscreen that is only on when the coffee maker is on. It also has a built in water filter and delayed brew feature. I've already got it all set up to brew tomorrow. I'm excited to wake up to already made coffee! :) It also has a brew strength button so I can make "why bother" coffee and my "strong" coffee. Yay!

2 comments:

Susy said...

Woo hoo for new coffee makers and working toilets.

Barbara said...

I know!!! It's awesome. :)