Friday, May 08, 2009

Ugh

We had a tornado watch for most of the day yesterday but nothing came of it. So, imagine my shock and horror when I turn on NBC (I was TiVoing Grey's for after the kids went to bed) and Gary Lezak's on with a tornado warning. Panicked, I turn to ABC and their weather guy's on. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Gary only interrupted programing from 8-8:30 but freaking ABC did for the whole 8 o'clock hour! For a storm that was barely in our viewing area (200 miles way up to our north past St. Joe). Not only that, but they were also covered by the St Joe NBC station. Why did we have to miss Grey's??? It'd be like WHOI cancelling programing to cover a storm in Sterling. I did get to finally watch it this morning...on my little bitty computer screen at ABC.com since our station isn't even re-running it until Saturday! Ugh!!!

A couple of hours after dropping the kids off at school, I got a call from the school nurse asking me to come get Jacob because his stomach hurts. I will admit that I didn't believe him since he's famous for crying wolf with stomach pain. I did feel bad when, an hour after bringing him home, his breakfast was all over my bathroom floor.

That really sucks because tonight is my very last MOPS and POPS (an evening for the husbands to come, we have a catered dinner, childcare, games and a speaker...tons of fun!). Mike, very generously, offered to stay home with Jacob so that I could still go. Daniel and Hannah want to go too so the three of us will be heading up there while Mike and Jacob hang out at home.

I just hope no one else gets this stomach thing.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Gee, lucky for you that I have Grey's safely on a DVD for you.

(^_^)

Dad

Susy said...

Very nice of Mike. Enjoy your last MOPS meeting!

If they're gonna interrupt your show, you could have at least had some good storm weather to watch.