Thursday, April 23, 2009

Random Junk

I woke up to thunder this morning and was really excited. Unfortunately, that's about all we got. It rained for about 10 minutes and the storm blew past. Ugh. I was looking forward to a good thunderstorm this morning. Oh well. At least it's supposed to be warm again today.

I guess Hannah thought that flower fairies came and planted yesterday because when she overheard Jacob and me talking about them this morning, she said, "Oh! I wondered where those flowers came from!" LOL! Jacob told me that he'd be willing to try the tomatoes that come off of our plants because, "I know where they've been." Ha!

I'm going to be taking the boys up to visit Mike at work this morning since it's Take Your Child to Work Day. They're just going to go have lunch with him, which they're crazy excited about. It's such a treat to get out of school and have lunch with Dad.

For the past many, many years, my favorite local radio station, Mix 93.3, holds a huge outdoor (family friendly) concert called Red, White and Boom. Usually, they have one big artist and a lot of up and coming bands that have one or two hits, plus a local band. The kids really wanted to go last year but I wasn't sure if they'd like it. They began ticket sales for this year's concert on Monday and Jacob's been on his hands and knees, begging to go. I've been apprehensive about getting tickets because they hadn't posted the lineup. They finally did today and Jacob will be happy to know that I got tickets for this year's concert. David Cook (from American Idol) will be headlining. It's going to be fun!

2 comments:

debbie said...

I agree with Jacob, that's one of the biggest reasons I plant veggies - I know where they've been!

Dad said...

We had an unannounced thunder storm last evening. No warnings, it just came down like a cow on a flat rock! Lasted about 10 minutes. WOW!