Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday Thoughts

It's hard to believe it's Wednesday already. I'm not sure where the time is going but it seriously needs to slow down just a little.

It's been so nice here for the past several days. Highs in the 60's, sunshine...ahhhh. It's been just wonderful. Especially since it's February. On Monday, we had some Severe Thunderstorm Warnings pop up in the morning and I got so excited. Don't get me wrong, I don't want tornadoes or anything, just a good thunderstorm. I waited and waited...the storm blew through and all we got was some wind. I was so mad. Last night, we had a nice thunderstorm come in, so that made it better. It's been raining for about 12 hours now and that's good because we really needed it. Sump pump is working, so I'll enjoy a rainy day until it starts snowing, which it looks like it may do at any time. It's gotten so cold...of course, that's normal for February but I already miss the 60 degrees we've been having. (As I've been typing, sleet has begun hitting the window. Ugh)

I had a MOPS meeting yesterday and it was so fun. I thought of my crafty sisters because we made a bath scrub. Epsom salt, olive oil and some essential oil. I can't believe how well it works! I'm going to have to make some more of this stuff on my own.

Again, I'm going to rave about the wonders of Facebook. Yeah, it can be annoying at times but through it, I've been able to reconnect with so many people. Grade school friends, high school friends, college friends and, most recently, a dear friend that we'd lost touch with years ago. Yes, Tommy, I'm talking about you! I know you read my blog. :) That's okay 'cause I've been reading yours, too. LOL!!!

I've discovered that I've become even more of a coffee snob. I'm completely addicted to that Zao Coffee that some of you got for the holidays. Mmmm. Cheri (the owner's wife) goes to my MOPS group. Occasionally, she brings a 12 oz pack of coffee as a door prize. I didn't win this week, but there were a lot of us ready to fight over it. Again, there's free shipping (because he actually brings it to your house) to anyone in Johnson County but they'll ship the coffee anywhere. And, it's shipped the same day it's roasted. Here's the link Zao Coffee. YUMMY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed the coffee you brought us for Hanukkah.

It's raining here too. And, we're expecting some light snow tomorrow night and Friday. We needed the rain to clean up that disgusting black snow that's left from the melting.