Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Same Story...Different Day

Jacob was feeling better when he went to bed last night. He was even able to eat a little, which was comforting to me. I was hoping he would be feeling better today since I had a MOPS meeting that I really didn't want to miss. (And because it sucks when they're sick!)

I got up a little earlier this morning since I knew I'd have to shower before taking the kids to school. Jacob woke up and told me that he felt well enough to go to school so I got my clothes together and headed for the shower.

I then woke Daniel and Hannah up for the school day. I fixed everyone breakfast and was getting things together for the day. I had stopped by the computer to check my Facebook for the morning when Daniel came walking in with a picture that he wanted to give to one of his teachers. I looked up to respond and noticed he had goo around his right eye. Upon closer inspection, I noticed his eye was bright red. Ugh. So much for MOPS this morning.

I called the school to let them know and Mrs. R, the secretary, told me that there are several adults with pink eye. Hannah and Daniel were the only kids that she knew of that had it. I then called Lynne, my table leader last year and a Steering member this year, to let her know that I wasn't going to be there and that she would have to be in charge of the table this morning. She then drops a bombshell on me. She and her family are moving at the end of the school year. What?!? Her husband's being transferred to Alabama (he's in the Army) and he'll be leaving soon but the rest of the family will hang until May. That makes me sad. Not only because she's a good friend of mine but because Hannah and her son, Andrew, are such good friends.

I got off of the phone and Hannah asked me what was wrong. I told her that my friend was going to be moving away and she gave me the biggest hug. It was so sweet.

So, I get Jacob and Hannah to school and Daniel and I head home. At 9AM, the phone rings. It's the school nurse. Jacob's complaining of a stomach ache and I need to come get him. Fine. Daniel and I pack it up and head to the school to get Jacob.

And that's where we are now. I was actually looking forward to spending time with just Daniel today...since he's not really sick and hasn't been home just him in years. Oh well. At least I have one that's happily in school! *knocking on wood*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've really had a run of sickness. Hope everyone gets better soon. Give Daniel and Jacob a kiss for us.

debbie said...

How is everyone today?

Barbara said...

Better. Jacob started showing pink eye symptoms yesterday morning so I started him on the drops too. By yesterday afternoon, he was up and running around like nothing was wrong. Daniel and Jacob both have a red eye but no goo...when I talked with the school nurse, she said that as long as there's no go, they're good for school so they're all there! Yay! It's just sad that Daniel had to miss his first day of school in years because of pink eye. Ugh.

Susy said...

Pink eye is wrong. Stupid pink eye. I hope it's all gone soon.