Monday, November 03, 2008

Wild and Crazy Week

Things are finally starting to slow down here. Daniel had his last football game this past Saturday so there are no more practices to go to. I'm done with my AR duty twice a week in the school library and I've gotten through one class party in kindergarten. I'm just so thrilled that things are starting to slow down.

I had some karma bite me in the butt yesterday. At about 5pm last night, Jacob tells me that he needs to work on his book project that's due today. Okay, so what do you have to do? First, he needs to read the book (The Summer of the Swans...he hadn't even started!) and then he needs to do a book report and make a project for it as well. Ugh. Well, we got through it with time to spare and his diorama looked really good. It certainly brought back memories of Mom typing my term paper at 11pm the night before it was due. It does seem that the kids have picked up my procrastination gene. Poor things.

Halloween was fun. The kids got lots of good candy during trick-or-treating and even got to go with some of their friends. Mike took them out and I stayed home to man the door...although the doorbell only rang twice. Oh well.

Mike and Jacob went on a den camping trip this weekend. Jacob finally caught his first fish. His group also won the fire starting contest, which doesn't sound good when it's written out in a blog. LOL!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to going out and voting tomorrow. I'm hoping that everyone voted early (and aren't planning to vote often!) and that the lines will be short. I love election day. Don't forget that you can get free coffee at Starbucks after you vote!

5 comments:

debbie said...

The kids look great, Barb. We didn't have many kids this year either. I was shocked, the weather was amazing. I'm glad things are starting to calm down for you.

I didn't know you could get a free cup of coffee at Starbucks after you vote. Does it matter who you vote for?

Anonymous said...

You can also a free Krispy Kreme and a free ice cream from Baskin Robbins!!!!

And they wonder why America is fat - we reward with food!!!

Barbara said...

You can also get free ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. And no, it doesn't matter who you vote for. Just show them your "I Voted" sticker and they'll give you a free cup of coffee. Lucky for me that there's a Starbucks right across the street from my polling place! :)

Barbara said...

Oh, and Michelle...no one said it was a perfect system...but it works! ;) LOL!

debbie said...

It's too bad I have none of those places here where I live.