Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Picture Day

How funny is it that on a post called "Picture Day," there are no pictures? LOL! Anyway, today is picture day for the kids. I meant to take a picture of them before they left for school but we were struggling to get out the door this morning. So, you'll have to wait until the pictures come back.

Daniel told me that he wanted to look "like a gentleman" for photos. He also wanted me to brush his hair so that he was "handsome." He cracks me up. So, he got his handsome hair and a blue button down shirt and, indeed, looked like a gentleman. Jacob told him that he "looks like Dad." LOL! I have to admit, he did!

I have been a cleaning machine this week. I even rented a Rug Doctor to steam clean all of the carpets. I am so sore and tired, but the house looks awesome. I really hope that I can keep it up so that the next time I deep clean, it doesn't take me forever.

Now, I'm going to make some of Deb's apple pie filling. I was going to do it yesterday but I walked out of the store without my apples! I did get some this morning when I dropped off the Rug Doctor. I wish I felt comfortable with my canning skills because I'd can some...I'm terrified that I'm going to kill my family with some strange bacteria because I didn't sterilize everything right, so I'm going to freeze it instead.

3 comments:

debbie said...

Freezing works great, Barb. You can do it!!

I can't wait to see their pictures.

Barbara said...

Wow! I have apple pie filling out the wazzoo!!! LOL!

debbie said...

So are you having pie tonight?