Thursday, August 14, 2008

Here We Go...

We had lots to do up at the school today. This morning was the PTO registration stuff. Unlike last year, they didn't have the class lists posted which was kind of obnoxious. We picked up our school supplies (our school lets you order them through the school so you always have exactly what you need and it's all wrapped up together so there's no rushing around to pick it up), signed up for a couple committees (of course) and headed home. Jacob had Ambassador training at 3:30 and we picked him up 45 minutes later. They finally posted the class lists at 4 and we got to see who they were going to have this year.

Two years ago, Jacob had Mrs. G for 2nd grade and Daniel had Mrs. T for kindergarten. This year, Daniel has Mrs. G for 2nd grade and Hannah has Mrs. T for kindergarten. I think that's pretty funny because there are 3 kindergarten and 4 2nd grade teachers. I've heard great things about Jacob's teacher, so I'm hoping he has a great year.

This evening, they held the back to school fair. Jacob was working as an Ambassador for the first quarter of it so I took Daniel and Hannah into the gym for a little while (it was raining so they brought some stuff inside). I'd seen some of the Ambassadors lined up in the hallway so I went out to see if I could find Jacob. I found him coming up the cafeteria stairs. I went up to him to say hello and he stopped, looked at me and said, "not now, Mom. I'm giving a tour." It was really cute.

So, I think we're now set for the school year to start on Monday. I still don't know where the summer went.

No comments: