Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Snippets

Sunday, Daniel comes inside after being out with some friends. He's excited because his friend, Matt, has given him a gift. He brings it over to me. I see that it is a package of rattlesnake eggs. After thoroughly looking over the packaging, Daniel tells me to open it and check out the eggs. I open the envelope and it starts buzzing and shaking. I scream as I throw the envelope across the room. Daniel's laughing hysterically as he shows me a rubber band thing inside the envelope. The boy got me and he got me good.

Jiu Jitsu class has begun 4 nights a week now. After two nights in a row, I'm so sore that I can hardly bend over. And I get to do it all over again tonight!

Mike stayed long enough on Monday night to see Roxanne and me begin our practice. After Roxanne took me down and finished the move, Mike poked his head in and quietly said, "that was hot!" He had enough presence of mind to leave, pretty much, immediately.

Daisy thinks she's a cat. She follows Guillermo around and even tried eating some of Guillermo's food last night. I even caught the two of them all curled up together. After making sure Guillermo was only cleaning Daisy and not eating her, I left them alone. Daisy's a strange bunny, that's for sure.

We got our letter about the first day of school today. Now I really feel like the summer is over.

2 comments:

debbie said...

The rattlesnake eggs got me too. It's just creepy and scary, lol!

Good for you for getting so involved in Jiu Jitsu! Go Barb!

Aww, I'm glad that Daisy is becoming part of the family. The closest we get to having a furry pet is our yard bunnies. They are almost tame enough to touch. They couldn't care a bit if you are in the yard with them.

Barbara said...

Like I told Mike, if Daniel had walked in with a can of peanut brittle, I would have known what to expect. I had never seen the rattlesnake egg thing before! We're still laughing about it.

Jiu jitsu is way more fun than I had expected. If they're still around when Hannah's in high school, I'm absolutely enrolling her in it. It will be a college pre-requisite for her. If she knows jiu jitsu, I won't worry about her at all when she's at school!

Another guy at our school said to me that "no one will mess with our family now that all of us are in martial arts!" I thought that was funny.