Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wow...It's Thursday Already

I've been so messed up all week. I don't really know why. I think that adding Jiu Jitsu into our schedule has thrown me off. Oh well.

Hannah has her ENT appointment tomorrow morning. She thinks she's actually getting tubes so she's not wanting to go. I don't blame her. I'm hoping they say that her ears have cleared and she won't need them, but I'm not counting on it.

Ruby hasn't quite been herself this week. I've got her scheduled to visit the vet tomorrow afternoon. She's just off. So sad. She is better than yesterday but she's not her nosy self. Poor girl.

The kids got a lesson in mating yesterday...Jacob went upstairs to get himself some socks out of his dresser when he came down to tell us the toads were fighting. I went up to take a look and, well, they were mating. Figures that we'd pick out a boy and a girl toad.

I've been going round and round with both Daniel and Hannah this week. Hannah's easy since she doesn't argue...she just cries. Very loudly. I'm over feeling sorry for her. She cried for 30 minutes last night because I forgot to bring her a butterscotch candy from Jiu Jitsu. Seriously. After she got the hint that Mike and I weren't playing, she stopped and told me that she had a headache. Ya think?

Daniel's having issues because I'm giving Jacob more freedom this summer and he's still stuck on our street. He's had his DS taken from him and he almost lost a playdate with his friend, Josh, because of the sassiness. Sorry, buddy, age has its privileges.

Jiu Jitsu's been going well. I'm sore in strange places, though. Under my left shoulder and my left hip are killing me. I'm sure it's from the shrimping thing we've been doing this week. I've been trying to shrimp on my other side but it's hard when you have a specific move you need to do and it calls for using your left side. Oh well. I'll get used to it.

I totally embarrassed myself today. I got an e-mail from Jacob's baseball coach saying that they had changed the field for Jacob's game this weekend. I wrote back and asked if practice for tonight is the same as last week and he said that there is no practice since there is a game. Ooops. He would have missed it had I not asked. I did feel like a total moron, though.

1 comment:

debbie said...

Poor Hannah. I'm sure it's frightening to think about surgery at that age. It will be worth it if it helps though. I pray for wisdom for the doctor that he/she will know exactly what Hannah needs and it will go well whatever you all decide.

Oops, on the toads. Actually, it's a good lesson, I suppose. We call it "getting married". Tis the season!

(Hugs) on the rounds with Hannah and Daniel. Summer brings out the best and the worst, doesn't it? I guess they figure they have to try.

I've had problems with the age difference too. Mine deal with a big age difference which can be better and worse. I guess no matter what that age difference is, they will think that you are unfair and they will want what the other one has. No one ever tells you any of this stuff when you are pregnant.