Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day and Some Other Stuff

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. I'm a little late, but it's still Sunday so there you go.

Yesterday, we found out the results of last week's TKD testing. All of the boys are now low brown belts (yay!) and Hannah is now a low green belt. The boys can't test again for at least 4 months although Hannah is eligible to test for high green in August. It'll be strange to not have everyone test.

Last night, Mike and I got a sitter and had a double date with Roxanne and Stephen from TKD. We went to this new wine bar and had a great time. It was cool to order the wine since you'd get three glasses in the "flight." I had two flights and was, pretty much, drunk. Although, I did it with class. LOL! Had we all not had babysitters to send home, I'm sure we would have been there for another couple of hours, and Stephen wanted to as he was ready to order his third flight of wine. I really like hanging out with Stephen and Roxanne. It's so nice to have friends that have kids the same age and that we get along with so well.

This upcoming year will be my last year in MOPS. Although I was told that I should really be on the Steering Team, I decided that I didn't want that responsibility and never volunteered. So, color me shocked when I got this e-mail from Lynne, my table leader from this last year (it was sent to me and Leah, another girl from my table...she's on steering next year so she's in the know):

It is so awesome that you two are going to be table leaders! You are both going do a fantastic job! Hope that I am at one of your tables! Lynne

WHAT!?! Ummm...that's the first I've heard about this. I called Lynne and she laughed when I told her that I had no memory of saying that I'd like to be a table leader. I told her that I would be willing to do it but was just in shock. She actually laughed at me! It's so like me, though, that I wouldn't remember doing that. Oh well. So, I guess I'm going to be a table leader next year.

4 comments:

debbie said...

Hurrah on the TKD accomplishments! It sounds like they did really well.

You will make a great table leader at MOPS. I'm sure that's why they wanted you. It's fun too.

Anonymous said...

I am sending 4 CONGRATS for the TKD belts!!!

I am so not surprised to know that you volunteered and forgot! BTW, did you ever join or inquire about the local MOM's Club. I hardly ever do anything with the MOM's Club here - i hae actually joined a Mom's Meetup group and do the most with them. I love it!

Barbara said...

LOL, Michelle! It really is like me to do that! I went to one MOMS meeting right after we moved here and decided that they just weren't for me. Oh well.

Are you still a member of MOMS club out there? How about Erin? I haven't talked to her in forever.

Anonymous said...

I am still a member of MOMs but I don't do much with them - Erin is still a member. Did you know that she had a baby - a little girl born on April 1st.