Monday, June 23, 2008

Where Has This Month Gone?

It's hard to believe that June's almost gone. It feels like the summer's over already. That makes me sad.

The boys have Cub Scout Day Camp this week. The house is so quiet without them here. It's been very strange. I can imagine they're having a great time, though. Mike went with them today and is going with them tomorrow. I'm going Wednesday through Friday. Should be interesting. I can't wait to hear about what all they did when they get home.

I got a call from the vet this morning...I wasn't able to get to the phone and they left a message. It said, "we're calling with the results of Ruby's fecal exam. It came back fine, so Ruby should be nice and healthy! Have a great day!" I wanted to cry. I called them back and told them that she was not healthy, that she had passed and I swear the receptionist almost dropped the phone. They wanted to know all of the specifics, so I told them, all while crying. I couldn't believe I became a blubbering baby when I was talking about her, but I did. I'm going to take Daisy in for a well bunny check tomorrow and to try to schedule her spaying.

Daisy is definitely not Ruby. Of course, I knew I wouldn't get the same bunny so don't think I was looking for a replacement. She is still little, though, so her personality will continue to evolve. One thing she does like Ruby is roam the whole house. Ruby always liked Hannah's room and would just hang out up there. Daisy likes Jacob's room and is currently sleeping in there. We're going to have to work on the nipping that she likes to do. It's not hard but it's very annoying.

2 comments:

debbie said...

Summer is not almost gone! We still have all of July and at least half of August. We haven't even gotten tomatoes, zucchini or sweet corn yet. The cicadas haven't shown up. There's still a lot left to look forward to!

I hope that the boys have fun at camp this week. I guess you got all the paperwork in.

I'm sorry that you had to go through that phone call. I'll bet she felt just terrible.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Debbie that summer is not almost gone. It hasn't even gotten that warm here yet. We're hoping it will.

I also hope that the boys are having fun at camp.

And, it's too bad about Ruby and the phone call. Sorry you had to go through that call. It must have been terrible for both of you.