Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Camp and Some Junk About Daisy

The boys have been enjoying day camp this week. Mike's been with them the past two days and I get the next three. I guess today they got to do archery. Of course, Jacob took it very seriously but Daniel...oh Daniel. Apparently, he wanted nothing to do with the target and thought it would be more fun to see how far he could get the arrow to go. That's my Daniel. I can only imagine how he's going to do tomorrow...they're doing BB guns. I guess I was wrong about those heading into 3rd grade and up being allowed to do them. That boy's going to need a lot of supervision.

Hannah's excited because she gets to go to camp tomorrow. I don't know what they do at the Tot Lot but I hope it's fun.

The vet wanted to see Daisy today to do a well bunny check. Hannah and I took her in and I don't know if she thought she was going back to the store or what but I've never seen a bunny shake so bad in all of my life. The vet came in and asked for more detail about Ruby. He did tell me that the plant was, indeed, probably what did it. That's why the houseplants are now outside. He had just gotten through telling me how sweet she was when she nipped him. Thankfully, he thought it was funny. It didn't help that he was trying to check her teeth at the time. He then showed me how. He also let Hannah listen to Daisy's heart with his stethoscope. She thought that was the coolest thing. They told me that Daisy weighs 1.5 pounds (which is good for her age...she'll get to be around 3.5 pounds) and that everything appears to be normal. That's awesome to hear.

We came home and Daisy decided that her new favorite thing is the air conditioning vent. She'd lay on it and roll onto her back and rub the back of her head on it. She did it like 10 times in a row. I don't know if she was hot or if it was like getting a little massage. She likes to head-butt people, too. Hannah was getting mad because Daisy kept head-butting her arm. I told Hannah that Daisy just wanted to be pet. Once I told her that, she thought it was funny.

Daisy desperately wants Guillermo to love her. Daisy's always trying to groom Guillermo, which is the funniest thing because Guillermo just gets annoyed. It's just awesome that her little personality is finally starting to show. She's very assertive yet very loving. She's really becoming part of the family.

3 comments:

Susy said...

I so would not be letting a cat that is known to kill rabbits play with my pet. That's just asking for trouble. Glad you enjoy her, though.

Anonymous said...

I donno Sue. I tried for years to try to get Barb to realize that:

Fudge = predator
The Pig = prey

Although nothing bad happened, the fact still remains that:

Cats = predator

Small furry animals = prey

Dad

Barbara said...

Hey...I took the pig as a favor to Deb. It needed a home and I think I took pretty darn good care of it. I loved that pig. I don't remember there being an issue with Fudge.

We've had a bunny in the house for several years and have never had a problem. Not saying that it couldn't happen...just saying that Guillermo seems to know the difference between family and wild bunnies. He certainly doesn't stalk our rabbits the way he does when he's outside.