Thursday, June 12, 2008

Well...

The bunny did not make it through the night. I'm so sad about that. The kids don't know yet since they're still sleeping and I'm not looking forward to telling them. They were so excited about taking him to the wildlife place. Ugh, I'm just so mad about it. Who knew you could get so attached to a wild bunny so quickly? I know there was nothing I could do about it. I just wish I could have gotten him there last night.

Anyway, I told Dad that I'd post a picture of the little guy, so here are a couple that I took last night while he was still alive.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the poor guy didn't make it. He looks cute and I'm sure the kids will be heartbroken. Give them hugs and kisses for us.

the Joneses said...

Well, the baby bunny at least died in a comfortable spot, instead of out in the dark yard. Poor thing... not sure if I mean the bunny or Barbara. :)

debbie said...

Aw, I'm so sorry, Barb. That's tough. ((Hugs)) from me all around.

Barbara said...

Thanks everyone. Hannah's pretty sad about it but has found comfort in Ruby. I can't read Jacob. Not sure how he's feeling about it. I'm still sad. :( We're going to bury him in the yard later today.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww. But to be expected.
The doves that were nesting in the neighbor's upstairs windowsill have flown away. I guess that the eggs didn't hatch. They were there for 15 days though. They gave it a good try.

Dad