Friday, June 20, 2008

Ruby Update

Well, I managed to find a semi-holistic veterinarian. I didn't even realize those existed. One of the first questions on the new patient form was if we were willing to use alternative medicine. Of course, I checked yes.

Anyway, he looked Ruby over and does not think it's an obstruction (which is a relief since those are usually fatal for bunnies) but does say that she's got a lot of gas (probably from too many carbs) and potentially some sort of infection. He did give her an antibiotic and some pre and probiotics for the tummy issues. He gave her some of the medicine there and told me to give her another dose tonight. If she's not better soon, we need to take her back.

Poor Ruby. I just want her to start eating again. She's already lost some weight and only weighs 2.5 pounds. She can't afford to lose much more. I hope she feels better soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ruby. Hope she's OK soon. The kids really seem to like her.