Thursday, April 17, 2008

This, That and The Other

We've had a couple big thunderstorms roll through this afternoon. It's days like this that I tend to brave the carpool line since I don't want to have to walk into the school. Hannah and I braved a 5 or so minute hail storm in the van. The whole time, she was singing, "hail, hail go away come on back another day." Which I thought was really funny. When it stopped, she started yelling, "it worked!" LOL!

I got my haircut yesterday and it feels so much better than it had. I did have that reverse bob thing going on for a while and it looked pretty dumb once it started growing out. So, now I have light layers again. I hate layers but I have to deal with the fact that they look good in my hair. The good news is that it's not too much shorter and I can still pull it back into a ponytail. My hair has decided to become all curly so I've been having fun playing with that.

I decided that I've had enough with my weight so I'm going to do something about it. Mike keeps telling me that with Hannah in school all day, I can join his gym, which is fine but I need to do something now. I thought I'd do Weight Watchers again, but the weight came off so slowly and it was just so tedious and impossible for me to keep off (I gained back all of the weight I had previously lost plus 15 pounds so now I have even more to lose) that I decided against it. I have a few friends that have done this program and liked it so I thought I'd give it a try.

Because of the way they're set up, they start you on programs on certain days of the week. I'll actually start on Sunday, which is a little obnoxious since I want to start now. Today, they took my blood pressure (100/80) and weight and measured me (because they don't just count weight). That part was awful. So, for the first three days, I'll be in pre-program mode which will "get you ready for weight loss." The lady told me that it's much like Atkins for those few days but they immediately transition you off of that once you actually start. So, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, I'm supposed to eat 2-3 pounds (yes, pounds) of meat, a couple of eggs, unlimited raw green vegetables, water and an orange. The good news is that I can still have coffee...just no sugar or creamer. They want me to eat a lot. Like constantly. I think I can do it for 3 days. On Tuesday, I go in for nutritional counseling with the nutritionist to get my actual program.

They say that it'll take 16 weeks for me to lose the 45 pounds I'd like to. I guess we'll see. I hope this works because I feel so fat and yuck. Everyone tells me that this is an awesome program. I hope they're right.

2 comments:

Susy said...

I'm not even gonna get into how bad for you that much meat is! lol Good luck hon.

Barbara said...

It's just for three days. Then it goes into a much more sensible plan. Lots of fruit and veggies, some lean meat, some carbs, etc. They do want me to completely eliminate all refined sugar, though. That sucks.