Wednesday, April 02, 2008

So Cool

Mr. L, the school principal, called me this afternoon. I have to admit that my first thought was, "what did Daniel do?" LOL! He tells me that he had just found out that their school will offer full day kindergarten next year and will we want [insert some Indian name here] to be enrolled? I wasn't sure if I heard him say Hannah's name correctly, so I tell him that Hannah would probably love full day kindergarten. He says to me, "why do I have her name as [whatever Indian name]? I have Mike and Barbara, your phone number and [Indian name]. Strange. That makes more sense, though, Hannah is Jacob and Daniel's sister." I'm trying too hard not to laugh and I'm sure he notices. He tells me that he's got her down for it and to ignore any sign-up form that may come home.

A little later, I ask some neighbors that have girls going to kindergarten next year what they told Mr. L. They tell me that they didn't get a call. I then begin second-guessing whether or not what I thought happened actually happened.

I go to the school to pick up the boys and Mr. L comes out to work the carpool line. He stops by me and laughs about the name mix-up. He then asks me if I've filled out anything for full-day at any other school (no), okay, he'll send me the paperwork. I then ask him if he did say that it would be there at the school. He says yes, as long as there's enough interest. Awesome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Hannah will love all day kindergarten. I know that Mary Rose does.

Barbara said...

I don't know if I would have signed Jacob or Daniel up for all day kindergarten, but it's almost a no-brainer for Hannah. She's excited.

Now, we wait to see if they are going to actually have it and if she gets in!

Anonymous said...

I agree that Hannah is ready for all day kindergarten, and, I hope they get her name right.

Anonymous said...

Our school district only does all day kindergarten. When Emma went, she didn't do well. It turned out ok but it would have been nice to have a choice. Mary Rose, on the other hand, loved it from day one (after she got over the fact that you don't learn to read on the first day.)

Barbara said...

As long as we've been here, only a handful of schools (there are 22 elementary schools) offered full-day kindergarten. It was a long, drawn out process if you wanted your kid to go...especially if you normally wouldn't go to that school anyway. (You'd then go to your regular school for first grade.) Otherwise, your only option was half-day. I guess they've decided to open it up to a few more schools. Ours will have 1 full day class and 2 half day classes. I really liked the boys being in half-day kindergarten. It worked really well for them. Heck, Daniel could probably benefit from half-day first grade! As sad as I'll be, I hope it works out that she gets to go all day because she's more than ready...even if I'm not! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I definately know what you mean!