Tuesday, April 01, 2008

One Year

Today marks one year since Mom left. I still miss her every day. I still think about her every day. The urge to call her has become an every-now-and-then thing, but it still happens. The kids still talk about her like they just saw her yesterday. I've finally gotten past her last visit in my scrapbook (it only took me a year). But, life goes on...

God arranged a very busy day for me today. He knew I'd need a Bible Study, so He made sure I had one already lined up for this morning. I'm waiting for the plethora of calls, that I know are coming, telling me to get my behind to the church for it. The girls from MOPS and Bible study would like to take me out for lunch but the first graders at Daniel's school are having "Rabbit Day" and would like me to bring Ruby in and talk to all of the classes about her around noon. How's that for timing? Jacob has baseball and the others have TKD...all around the same time. I should have plenty to do to get me through the day...bottom line, if you'd like to talk to me today, call the cell (that would be the new one -with the same phone number -that Mike bought me last week...more about that later).

I still miss you, Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are busy today, Barb. It's a quiet day for me. Patty did call me to tell me her grandma died though. Ugg. I know that's not a joke either. What's with April 1st?

Anonymous said...

Yup. And it's a cold and gloomy April 1st too.