Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Feels Like Spring

After a brief snow over the weekend, it feels like spring has finally sprung. I got out yesterday and mowed my (what is becoming) gorgeous lawn. I must be getting better at it since it only took me 45 minutes instead of 1 hour. There are still a couple of bare spots, but they seem to be filling in quite nicely. Also, the areas that I thought were low spots in the yard are raising up (probably because of healthier grass) and aren't so low anymore. We don't have nearly the flooding in the back yard when it rains. That Idiot Proof Program must actually be working! :) All I know is the yard looks fantastic.

I cut down half of our pampas grass (I hate ornamental grass) today and my arms are killing me. The suck part is that you really have to cut it down every year or it looks really strange. You wouldn't think that it would be that hard to cut back but when it dries it becomes like twigs. I guess I'll finish it tomorrow since those areas look dumb now with half chopped down and half still up. Maybe I should look into getting a chainsaw. That would be awesome.

I also went to Bible Study this morning (love, love, love my Bible Study). And took all three to a playdate this afternoon since they had early release (I stuck around for a mommy playdate, which was great). And took Daniel and Hannah to TKD. And took Jacob to baseball. And then picked Daniel and Hannah up from TKD. And picked Jacob up from baseball. I've been on the go since 7am. I'm exhausted, but I'm wired. I really hate that. I guess I should just be thankful that we didn't have Cub Scouts too. LOL!

We should find out soon if Hannah got into full day kindergarten. I found out at my mommy playdate with Teresa this afternoon that as of this morning, 21 people had signed up for it. 23 is the limit. At 24, they hold a lottery for the spots. Personally, I think that if you have a bajillion kids in the school already (like I feel like I do) you should be able to get right in. Noooo...they have to be all "fair" about it. Seriously, I'm not going to be heartbroken if she doesn't get in, but she might be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be almost 70* here today but very windy. I wanted to put all my baby plants outside to get some sun but I'm sure they'd blow away!

Congrats on the beautiful lawn. I don't know anything about ornamental grass, I wonder what would happen if you threw a match at it. Big fire probably. Maybe as much fun as the chainsaw. If you do get a chainsaw, I want to see pictures!

I hope Hannah gets into the all day kindergarten. You would think that if enough people register, they would add another class instead of having a lottery for the spots. Maybe someone can suggest that. Most of the school districts here only offer all day kindergarten. It seems to be the way things are going.

Barbara said...

As much fun as throwing a match at the grass would be, I'm pretty sure it's not an option. Mostly because the stupid grass is right next to the front of the house.

Ornamental grass going up in flames = good thing

House going up in flames = very bad thing

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't throw a match on the ornamental grass, either. Glad to hear your lawn is coming out good. Our lawn took a beating this winter. I'm hoping it will come back.

Our weather is going to be good today, too. Close to 70. It's nice to have the sun shining.

Hope Hannah gets into the all day kindergarten. I know you'll miss her, but I think that's what she wants.

Bobbi

Anonymous said...

Aww, you girls are no fun. What fun is being practical?

Barbara said...

I know...practicality bites. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Of course Barb, there's always the option of getting a goat. That would take care of the pampas grass and every other plant that you put out.

Dad