Sunday, March 02, 2008

Wake Up Call

I don't think there's anything worse than your phone ringing at 4:30AM, and that's what happened to us last night. I reached for the phone and desperately tried to read the caller ID but my eyes just couldn't focus. Mike's yelling at me to just answer the phone, so I do. I hear this on the other end...

This is a collect call from...Jim...from a correctional facility...

The only Jim I know is our friend from TKD and babysitter's father. Worried that it may be him, I accept the charges. I start yelling, "hello?" into the phone and "Jim" does the same. Just as I realize this is not our friend Jim, we're cut off and told that we don't have an account so they've terminated the call, but hang on if we want to set one up. No thanks...I just hung up. It was quite possibly the most bizarre call ever. I kept thinking that I hope this guy gets another call because it would suck if his call was wasted on a wrong number. Needless to say, I had a hard time getting back to sleep thinking about who Jim is and why he needed to call someone at 4:30 in the morning from jail.

No comments: