Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ugh...So Frustrating

I was going to post much earlier than this, but as I was cleaning the kitchen this morning, the light fixture above our kitchen table fell out of the ceiling. Literally landed on the table. I knew there was a reason I didn't dust the lights in there! It only took me two hours to figure out how to put the stupid thing back up. I even got to the point where I was going to try to figure out how to put it up with duct tape, but after walking away from it for 45 minutes (had to run Mike's phone to him at work), the light bulb above my head came on and I realized I was doing it completely wrong. After I figured out that the pieces actually come apart, I had the light back up in 5 minutes. LOL! Figures. At least I thought to turn off the light at the box in the basement before trying to put it back up. I'm quite sure I would have electrocuted myself several times if I hadn't.

Yesterday, the boys got their report cards for the third quarter. Jacob did as expected...very well in reading, science and social studies but needs work in math. Daniel surprised everyone with an awesome report card. They go on a 1, 2, 3 scale...1 being the worst and 3 being the best. He got all 2's and 3's in math, all 3's in science and social studies and mostly 2's in reading. The two reading sub-groups he got 1's in were effectively uses reading strategies and reads fluently. He got all 2's in the behavior sub-groups (believe it or not, there are 11 sub-groups in the behavior category.) This report card proves to me that the counselor can shove it. I declined the parent-teacher conference this quarter because I've heard enough about Daniel. His teacher would tell me something completely different about him than what she said with the counselor anyway. Needless to say, we're pretty proud of both boys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad no one was sitting at your table! That would have hurt.

Anonymous said...

I too am glad no one was sitting at your table when the fixture fell. Kudos for getting it back up. I admire your handymanship.

Also, great news about the report cards. Looks like things are going in the right direction. Boys, keep up the good work.