Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hopefully a Green Lawn Soon?

Jacob had his Cub Scout Den meeting last night and he earned his Whittling Chip. His den leader also provided all of the boys with their first (although Jacob actually had one before) pocketknife. I guess they had a huge safety class on pocketknives because Jacob came home with a little card that is his pocketknife certification. This also means that he's allowed to carry a pocketknife to Cub Scout functions. He thinks that's pretty cool since Daniel can't (and definitely shouldn't) carry one for 2 more years.

Daniel lost a tooth last night. What's funny is that I didn't even notice that it was loose until yesterday afternoon. Apparently, he didn't work that hard to get it out, either. He was pretty pleased that he got a visit from the Tooth Fairy last night. He decided to save the quarters he got to help pay for a new DS game.

After gymnastics this morning, Hannah and I headed over to the Grass Pad to start the Idiot-Proof Lawn Program(I'm not kidding...that's what it's called!) I've heard so much about. They were very helpful and even loaded the, whopping, one bag of Prevent that I bought into the van. We came home and I applied Step 1 and are now waiting for the rain that is supposed to come this evening. Our neighbor, Larry, drove by as I was putting it on the front yard and told me that he wouldn't be upset if some of it accidentally landed in his yard. All of his yard. LOL! I told him that I'd be more than happy to let him put whatever I had leftover on his yard. He laughed at that. I hope this stuff works. I spent way too much time on the lawn last year...although I don't know if that's really a bad thing. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for Daniel. Saving his money is a good thing.

Hope your lawn turns out to be everything you want it to. Hope it rains now.

Congrats to Jacob on earning his whittling chip. What is he going to whittle?

Anonymous said...

That's the people who buy the beer if you screw it up isn't it?

Dad

Barbara said...

Yep...their ad says:

"Idiot-Proof Program. Uncle buys the beer if you can screw this up! Even your husband can do it!"

LOL!