Sunday, February 03, 2008

Lazy Weekend

This is the first one of these that we've had in a while. The kids didn't even get dressed yesterday, which they thought was really funny.

We took the kids to Sunday School this morning and Hannah had to dress up for the Pre-K Pre-Purim Ball at the JCC (say that three times fast! LOL!) They asked the kids to arrive in costume so Hannah was dressed like a princess...crown and all. We were sitting eating our bagels when Marcia (the Education Director for the synagogue) comes over to say hello. She looks at Hannah and says, "my goodness, Hannah! Don't you look beautiful this morning? Did you just feel like being a princess this morning?" I look at Marcia and say, "Ummm...wasn't she supposed to dress up today?" She slaps her hand to her head and says, "That's right! You're going to the Ball! Of course you are supposed to dress up! And you look great!" Then, she takes off. A little later, I run into Rabbi Vared (she has a daughter that's in Hannah's pre-k class) and she tells Hannah that she looks great and that Ellie (her daughter) has a very similar costume. I tell her about my conversation with Marcia and she laughs hysterically. She tells me that Marcia probably just had a long weekend.

After Family Service, I drop Jacob and Daniel off at their classrooms (Mike had taken Hannah to the JCC for her Ball) and I head to the store because we invited some friends over to watch the Super Bowl tonight and I needed to get some snacks. There had been some rumbles of thunder during the Family Service so I expected it to be raining when I walked out. I hadn't expected the sleet and hail that we were getting. I didn't mind so much, though, because I love thunderstorms and one this early in February is unusual.

After Sunday School, we come home and put away the groceries and finish cleaning the house. For the first time in a while, all three levels are nice and clean...vacuumed, mopped, and just clean. When I was all done, I pulled a message from Jim (from the family that was coming over) off the machine. Sorry, most of us are sick and won't be able to come over. Can we do something next weekend? Daniel starts screaming that we "cleaned for nothing." I told him that, no, the house is nice and clean for us.

Actually, I'm not all that upset that they aren't coming. The house has needed to be deep cleaned for some time now and now it is. I'm really not in the mood for entertaining this evening and now I don't have to. We're going to kick back, watch some Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet and stuff ourselves with snacks. Hopefully, another thunderstorm rolls through this evening. That would be awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're expecting rain, then ice, then snow this evening. They're saying that Rush Hour tomorrow morning is going to be awful. Just what I needed to hear.

We went out for dinner and now we're home to watch the game.

Anonymous said...

Deb, Jeff, and the kids brought the dragon over and we got him settled in. When they went to leave, it was snowing to beat the band and turned into thundersnow!
I have about an inch on my front porch.

Anonymous said...

That was a hairy trip home! Wow, the lightning was intense. It was neon flashes. The visibility was awful and our windshield wipers kept getting covered with frozen slush.