Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Back In The Swing

It's been almost a week since my last post. Two weeks off has really messed things up for me. Getting back into the groove has been difficult, but we're managing. It doesn't help that Hannah's gymnastics times have changed. That really threw me off on Monday. The good news is that the boys have been so tired at the end of the day that they go down pretty easily.

We've been in full-on pinewood derby mode here. We spent the weekend sanding and painting the cars for the derby. We're getting close to being done...just have to figure out how to put those stupid weights on in such a way that it doesn't hinder the car's ability to go fast. The boys are having a great time making them. They usually come home from school and ask if they can do something with them. Jacob has even designated a display space in his room for after they're done. It should be interesting to see if we can pull this thing off! :)

I've got the beginnings of a cold coming on. Ugh. At TKD last night, I just started coughing uncontrollably. I hate that. Now, my nose is all runny and stuffy at the same time. I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't making me cough. I guess it's time to up the fluids.

Hannah's latest thing is to take what the boys said they did at school (or at home for that matter) and apply it to herself. She's been telling me that her preschool's TV came and interviewed her and she told them how to cook a turkey. Jacob's favorite thing to do is the monkey bars at recess...she told me that she was doing the monkey bars at her school (they don't have monkey bars on her playground). She also told me that they are making toy cars at preschool (they're not). Jacob's getting pretty annoyed with it. I think it's funny. She's also not happy with me right now because I won't let her eat all day. She'd snack her way through the day if I let her. She decided to eat two bites of her breakfast and was "starving" by 9:15. I gave her a snack at 9:30 and told her that was it until lunch. She's been begging for lunch since 9:45. Sorry...you get lunch when it's lunchtime and not before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. It makes it hard to get things back to normal when you're not feeling well.

Keep us informed about the cars and Pinewood Derby. Sounds like you're having a great time. good luck at the races. I remember how much fun it was to see the cars going down the track. When is the big event?

Hannah is such a cutie. She just wants to feel a part of the goings on.