Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I HATE This Time of Year

*Update* We're now under a Snow Advisory for tomorrow. They're saying 2.5 inches for us by the time it's all said and done. Of course, just north of the metro, they're calling for a little more. I am so not looking forward to this!

*****
We are currently in a Winter Weather Advisory. There's a 90% chance of really crappy weather tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it. My awesome weathermen over at KSHB (who actually get the weather right) say that we could actually get every form of precipitation tomorrow: rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain. Okay, so we probably won't get hail, so I guess we won't get every form of precipitation, but we're going to come pretty close. We're also supposed to get freezing rain on Friday night and Saturday morning. If we do, I don't know if I'm comfortable driving out to Shawnee for TKD testing. I just want to say that I HATE winter weather!!!!!

How long until Spring?

Oh, and for my Virginia friends, I had to remind Jacob (who told me this morning that it was probably too cold for outside recess) that we don't live in Virginia anymore and it has to be really cold (10-15 degrees) for them to cancel outside recess. He didn't believe me. Sure enough, at 20 degrees this afternoon, they had outside recess. AND they have yet to cancel school for tomorrow for the nastiness that's heading our way. LOL!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got dusted here in Peoria.

Anonymous said...

Well, tell Jacob that school closed today 2 hours early due to snow. It started this morning around 7am and has snowed all day, stopping for only a short time. I can also say with confidence that school will be late tomorrow if open at all. it is still snowing!

By the way, they have made the announcement - our new elementary school will be open for the 2009-10 school year and it will be in my neighborhood (between us and Lynnhaven). We are going to be a walking neighborhood. Also starting that school year we will have full day kindergarten.

Just a quick update from Virginia!

Barbara said...

How much snow do you all have out there, Michelle? That's cool about the new school. I know that your current school is quite a drive.

They just announced that they're opening a new school out by us too. Doubtful that we will be within it's boundries (it would be be about 2.5 miles instead of the 2.2 miles that we are now) but we will probably be switching schools as they are changing the boundries for 3 schools (ours included, obviously). There are some people freaking out about it but I'm okay with it. They are also building a new middle and high school in the same area (they call them "complexes") that will be about 2.5 miles closer than the middle and high schools we feed into now.

Barbara said...

I should check my info before I post! LOL! I've seen the new proposed boundries for us and they'll stay at the same elementary school they are now but will attend the new middle and high schools. In fact, the first year the new middle school is open will be Jacob's 7th grade year, which is frustrating since he'll have one year at one middle school and two at the new one but since many of them will be going, it's okay.

Anonymous said...

We have between 3 and 4 inches. School is delayed 2 hours according to the news.

Barbara said...

I'm impressed that they only called a 2 hour delay for 3-4 inches.

Anonymous said...

We got about 7" of snow. Thank goodness for our landscaper who also does snow plowing in the winter. He was at the house very early yesterday morning so we both got out and were able to work. We are also in a storm warning for this afternoon. Another 1 to 3" on top of what we already have. And it's supposed to continue over the weekend. Oh well, that's winter for you.

Barbara said...

I'd heard that Chicago got pounded. I have a habit of keeping track of the weather everywhere we've lived and I have to say that, at this time of year, I do not miss living in Chicago or Iowa (looks like Dubuque got pounded too). LOL!

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard living here, but, we miss having you here in the Chicagoland area.

Anonymous said...

Dad, that is so weird. We got 2 inches!

We have the same temperature requirement here too, Barb, but it was windy yesterday and our kids stayed in for recess. They take the wind chill into concideration which is a good idea. I've been on the playground during winter. It's cold!! (old lunch lady)

Anonymous said...

I have gassed and warmed up my snowthrowers and they're ready to go if anything big gets here. On my things to do list for a big snow is walking next door and clearing Bob's back door so he can get out of it. Both of his doors get blocked by snow on anything over 4". I don't have that problem.

(^_^)