Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Yes, We're Still Here

Okay, so it's been a while since I've last blogged. That just makes this one that much more special. :)

We took the kids to see Bee Movie on Friday night and they loved it. Actually, I don't know who liked it more, me and Mike or the kids. I really hadn't expected to like it at all...especially since I had no idea what it was about. Totally funny and original. Go see it if you get the chance.

Saturday night, there was Dinner and a Movie at the cul-du-sac. Everyone brought a side dish and we grilled up hot dogs. One of our neighbors put up a big screen in their driveway and once it got dark, they showed Night at the Museum and Transformers. Hannah had enough by the time Transformers came on, so I walked her home while the boys stayed to watch. It was pretty chilly outside, but we all had a good time. At one point, I was handed a shot so that we could toast Dave, another neighbor, for his birthday. It was a huge shot and I was asked if I needed a straw. LOL! Anyway, about 5 minutes later, I was talking to Jackie (a former neighbor who only recently moved) and I told her that it was strange that I couldn't feel my lips. I knew I was a cheap drunk but I didn't think it was that bad. She asked me if I knew what the shot was. I said that I thought it was some sort of schnapps. She said that it was straight vodka. A shot of apple vodka and a shot of caramel vodka. No wonder I couldn't feel my lips!

Hannah started Tae Kwon Do yesterday. She loved it. When we got there, Master Johnson looked at us and asked why we were there on a Monday. I put my hand on my hip and just looked at him. The AH HA! light popped up above his head and he told Hannah to come out. There were two other little boys there with Hannah and they were all so cute. She did everything she was asked to do and even started learning some of the one steps. Too cute. At some point, Stephen came in and was a little shocked that Hannah was out there. Stephen's a good guy. At one point, he mentioned that there was just one left to start (he was referring to me) and I told him my condition for starting. He sighs and says, "great." Anyway, it'll be nice when she can bump up to the boys' class. I don't know how long I can take going out there four nights a week.

The boys have early release today and I hate that. Then it's back for another round of TKD and Daniel has a den meeting for Cub Scouts. Can someone at least slow the ride down a little?

Oh, and Garth Brooks is in town for the next several days (yes, Garth Brooks). It's either 6 or 9...I can't remember (I'm pretty sure it's 9). He's doing concerts with Trisha Yearwood at the Sprint Center. Every one of those concerts sold out. I'm not surprised. I'm a little bummed that we didn't get tickets (yes, I tried), but I have seen him twice before so I guess I can't be too upset. It just sucks that it's all that any radio station can talk about. :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what are your conditions for starting TKD? I'd say do it! We recently joined our community center which has a great gym facility, a pool and a ton of classes. I took a Tai-Chi class. Wow, I have to admire you folks who do martial arts. We didn't even do that much. I took an aquatics class today with a bunch of older ladies. I felt a bit out of place but I'm going back tomorrow. It really feels good to move.

Barbara said...

Okay, this one needs some set up. Last week, Stephen walks into TKD with a big bouquet of flowers for Roxanne. No special occasion...just because he wanted to buy his wife flowers. Apparently, this is something he does often and was kind of thrown in Mike's face a few times. So, I told Stephen that when I got flowers from Mike for no reason, I'd join TKD.

Barbara said...

Oh, and good for you for getting out! I'd like to get in shape but I don't know if TKD is how I want to do it. I'd love to take some Pilates or a spinning class or something.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Barb!

Barbara said...

Thanks, Ken!