Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Where Has This Week Gone?

Is it really already Wednesday? Why do I find myself wondering where the days are going?

Saturday night, we went over to the synagogue for the PreK-2nd Grade Havdalah dinner. Gus even went with us. The kids had fun playing with the other kids and enjoyed the little service after the meal. Seriously, the music was so soothing that Mike and I thought we were going to fall asleep. LOL!

One of Mike's new favorite things to do is to get Daniel to recite a prayer that Daniel was learning for the Havdalah. It's in Hebrew, which makes for some very interesting things from Daniel.

Mike: Hey Daniel...Ba-ruch...
Daniel: Ba-ruch A-tah A-do-nai E-lo-hei-nu Me-lech (he'll stop here and repeat Me-lech if he doesn't think he has a strong enough ch sound in the back of his throat!) ha-o-lam (this is where he goes off track) bree abomen habernash AMEN!

The ending part changes often, but he's got most of it! LOL! He and Daniel are also up on most of the songs they sing during the family service on Sundays and it's not unusual to catch them humming or singing the songs to themselves. It's pretty cute.

Hannah got her little TKD uniform on Tuesday. When I was talking with Master Johnson about getting it, I told him that we're going to have pictures taken next week and we'd like to have them all in uniform for one. He then looked at me and said, "pictures, huh? Where's your uniform?"
Me: I haven't gotten my flowers yet.
Master Johnson: Yes you did...last week.
Me: Those were on my birthday! They don't count!
Master Johnson: Sure they do.
Me: Even Mike's Mom said they don't!
Master Johnson: Okay, okay!

Last night, we were talking with Roxanne and Stephen about the four of us leasing sleeping space from Dave. We're all there so often that we may as well move in. LOL! Daniel's all excited because Master Johnson invited them all to start the 6:30 Monday class for TKD, Ju Jitsu and Hapkido. Great. Jacob's not all that thrilled about it but he may as well do it if we're going to be there anyway. I'm a little nervous about it all since I heard Stephen ask Mike, "so, how do you think you'd do with some numchucks?" I missed Mike's answer but I know that I turned around and said, "no numchucks!" Personally, I think that Daniel would love Hapkido but the Ju Jitsu makes me a little nervous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you're busy, the time goes by so fast you don't know where it went.

Glad things are working out well at the synagogue. We look forward to going with you guys when we're there. Services with the kids are always fun.

Hannah must look cute in her uniform. Will we be going to TKD when we're there?

Mike told us about the pictures so we'll be prepared.

Barbara said...

I don't think there will be TKD while you're here. There's a possibility that there's a class on Saturday, but I'm not sure since there's Thanksgiving. Actually, I think Mike set up the pictures for Saturday in KCK (as opposed to KCMO...LOL...didn't take long to pick up the local lingo!) so I doubt that we'd even be able to get to Shawnee in time if there were classes.

Anonymous said...

Wow. You guys need a weekend in Peoria just to unwind and veg out!
Ft. Campbell for me this weekend.

(^_^)